10 Things I'd Like You To Know.
Updated: Aug 2, 2018
I absolutely love what I do and can't imagine doing anything else. I also love you guys! A lot!! I'm always taking classes and spending time with my Rolfing colleagues to fine tune my craft but most importantly, I learn something new everyday and and every time I'm with you. More than you know, you are my biggest teachers. I am incredibly grateful for you and all that you share with me.
1. I'm not a Doctor and I can't diagnose or prescribe anything for you. If you think you should see a Doctor or other medical practitioner, please do so. If you ask me if I think you should see one, my answer will always be YES.
2. You are beautiful! Your body is beautiful! You hold your own unique beauty and I hope you feel as beautiful as you are.
3. Don't be shy about your butt. When it comes to pain relief and structural alignment, it's super important to address your back side. Gluteus Maximus, Gluteus Medius, Gluteus Minimus, Piriformis, all the Obtorators plus the ligaments of the sacrum and ilium. I know it's more than the muscles. It's an area of deep holding for many people and it can be hard to relax. If you give it a chance, over time, you'll find it has a huge impact on your overall feeling of well-being.
4. Body functions are normal. Snoring, drooling, sweaty feet and armpits, body odor, stomach gurgling and yes, farting. It all means your mind, body and nervous system are relaxing. I take it as a compliment.
5. I don't care that you haven't shaved. Your unshaven legs are nothing to stress about. Seriously, I don't even notice.
6. Please don't come in when you're sick. If you have a fever, stomach issues or a really bad cough, it's better to reschedule.
7. If you need to cancel, even if it's at the last minute, text or email me. I don't have a late cancelation fee or policy. I have three young children and any number of things could come up for me at the last minute. I want to extend to you the same flexibility I may need someday.
8. Feel free to speak up and let me know how you're feeling. I want to meet your expectations and leave you feeling happy. If something is bothering you or you wish I'd do something different, let me know.
9. Its incredibly sweet when you make the the table up for me after your session. Not necessary at all but it always makes my heart smile.
10. I am dedicated to being of service to you and our community. I am in deep appreciation of you and your trust in me and I'm always happy to see you.
See you soon. Lots of Love, Amanda